Preventive services and early intervention create a healthier population and reduce the need and the total cost of personal health services. For this reason, regional case managers assist their clients in obtaining services through other programs such as Medicaid, M&I, WIC, well-child exams, family planning, and Health Wave, the child health program. This system is a dynamic process and requires a partnership between state, local and private providers.
The program is limited to primary care defined as:
- A service provided and / or authorized by physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- Diagnostic laboratory or radiologic services necessary to complete treatment
- Health promotion / disease prevention services - such as perinatal care, family planning, and well child examinations that include developmental assessments, hearing and vision evaluations
- Pharmaceutical services necessary to complete treatment
- Preventive dental services
For more information visit the Kansas Department of Health and Environment